DISASTER ASSISTANCE UPDATE- AGRI
8th February 2019
With the flood event devastating farmers in Queensland’s north, far north, central and western communities, we thought it would be useful to compile a list of available assistance.
We understand that this is an extremely difficult time for those of you who have been impacted. If there is anything at all that the PVW Partners family can assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
With warmest regards,
Greg, Carl, Andrew + the PVW Partners Team
Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grant
Today an extension and expansion of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement was announced to incorporate a Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grant, for those graziers in Queensland’s north, far north, central and western communities impacted by the flood disaster. Grants of up to $75,000 are now available.
Disaster Assistance Loans- Primary Producers
Primary producers whose assets have been significantly damaged as a direct result of an eligible disaster may be able to access low interest loans of up to $250,000.
Disaster Assistance (Essential Working Capital) Loans
Primary producers whose assets have been significantly damaged as a direct result of an eligible disaster may be able to access low interest loans of up to $100,000.
AgForce Emergency Fodder Drops
AgForce is assisting in the coordination of emergency fodder drops for producers affected by flooding in North Queensland.
Visit the link below to register your need for emergency fodder and submit your preferred location for a fodder drop.
Australian Banking Association
Banks who are a member of the Australian Banking Association are offering a range of services to customers who have been impacted by the natural disaster. Initiatives include:
- A deferral of scheduled loan repayments
- Waiving fees and charges, including break costs on early redemption of Farm Management Deposits
- Debt consolidation to help make repayments more manageable
- Restructuring existing loans free of the usual establishment fees
- Deferring interest payments on a case-by-case basis
- Offering additional finance to help cover cash flow shortages
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments
- Increasing emergency credit card limits
- Waiving early termination fees for customers who wish to access their term deposits.