Undergraduates – Completing University
About Our Program
Applications from candidates wishing to join our team as an undergraduate (based in Townsville) will open 2nd May 2023.
The key to our success is our people and that in part has been driven by the achievements of staff who joined as an undergraduate / recent graduate. We view all new team members as having the potential to grow into future managers of the firm.
What to expect as an Undergraduate
Work alongside experienced and passionate experts, assisting families and some of the most prominent businesses in regional Queensland. The perfect start to your professional career.
During our undergraduate program you'll receive income, support and work experience while completing your degree, including:
- Permanent, full-time work status - receive a full-time salary while studying part-time.
- A paid day each week for lecture attendance/study during lecture periods.
- Paid time (3 days per subject) for each exam
- Subject allowance paid each Trimester
- Transition support/training on entering the workforce (for some this may be your first job)
- A dedicated buddy and coaches to help with a smooth transition into PVW Partners life and to provide ongoing support/coaching feedback
- An individualised development plan (technical and soft skills) based on a structured development framework to aid your career progression
- Building your fundamental skills in accounting and taxation with exposure to a variety of client-related work tasks across a variety of client types.
- Modern, city office location with great facilities
- Many and varied team social events including monthly in-house trivia afternoons/family lunches each month, End of Financial Year Party, Christmas Party, FISH! Day etc.
- Applications open 2 May 2023 and close 16 June 2023.
- In-person interviews will take place 26 June to 7 July 2023
- Offers will be made by 31 July.
- Commence your role with PVW Partners in mid-January 2024.
- Full week of induction/training on commencement in January
What to Expect After Graduation
- Once graduated, assistance to complete post graduate CAANZ qualification (paid time off for exams and subjects costs paid).
- Continued support and development to build your skills in accounting, tax and advisory.
- Opportunity to progress within the firm is limitless.
- Challenging and interesting work for our sophisticated and diverse client base.
Before submitting your application, please read the checklist below to ensure that you are eligible:
- You must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or have full-time working rights within Australia at the start date of your employment (you will be required to show proof of visa).
- You must be due to complete Year 12 of High School in 2023.
- You must reside in Townsville for the duration of your university study.
- You must be intending to apply to university approved as an Accredited Tertiary Course by CAANZ (any offer of employment will be conditional on your acceptance into such course).
- You must be willing to work full time whilst studying on a part time basis from your second year of employment onwards.
1.) APPLICATION STAGE
Complete our online application below and have your updated CV ready to attach.
After completing the application, you’ll be emailed confirmation details on your submission within 2 business days. If you do not receive this, please email email@example.com
2.) ABILITIES ASSESSMENT
Once you’ve submitted your application online and assuming you’ve met our eligibility criteria, you’ll be invited to complete a Tailored Reasoning Questionnaire.
There is no preparation to undertake in readiness for the questionnaire. The results will simply provide us a measure of your practical work-based problem-solving skills and be used as one of many selection criteria for the role.
The online assessments will take you 30-40 minutes to complete. Please do action this promptly so we can progress your application to the next stage.
If you are shortlisted for a position, the final stage of our recruitment process involves an invitation to attend a face-to-face interview in our Townsville office at 52 Walker Street, Townsville.
Your interview will be behavioural-based and will take approximately 30 minutes. This interview will allow us to find out more about you and we’ll ask you questions about your life, your extra-curricular activities and your motivation for wanting a position with PVW Partners. This is also an opportunity for you to ask us about what it’s like to work at PVW Partners.
4.) OUR OFFER
If you’re successful at the final stage of our process, you’ll be contacted by PVW Partners, and a written offer of employment will be forwarded to you.