WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
PVW Partners is seeking a Business Advisory Manager or Business Advisory Senior Consultant to join our team in Townsville. As an experienced advisor (CA/CPA qualified), you will assist business owners and entrepreneurs work through major milestones such as changes in strategy, business sales and purchases, strategic partnerships, performance improvement, key personnel changes and major projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As part of the Business Advisory Team, you will engage with a diverse range of clients across a range of industries. Your main duties will include:
- preparing high quality, technically accurate planning and advisory work for clients including, but not limited to, buying and selling businesses and companies, valuations, strategy refinement, operational performance improvement and development of business cases and feasibility studies.
- participating in and presenting technical and soft skills training sessions.
- networking and promoting the firm externally.
- maintaining & developing client relationships.
- reviewing the work of others, and mentoring and training staff.
- being involved with ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE (KEY SELECTION)
CA/CPA qualified, with additional post-graduate (e.g. CFA or MBA) qualifications highly desirable but not essential.
Skills, Experience and Capacity
- At least 5+ years relevant experience in public accounting, consulting, commercial or corporate roles.
- Proven experience in a public accounting, business services, corporate finance, transaction services, management accounting, financial controller, CFO or audit role.
- Previous experience in a consulting role in a large professional or private equity firm highly regarded but not essential.
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) including the ability to pull together high-quality presentation materials.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport with clients as a trusted advisor on complex projects.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and competing demands in a tight timeframe without sacrificing quality.
- An analytical, detailed thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively contribute as a team member within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively collaborate with other professionals (internal and external to the firm) across a range of disciplines including legal, accounting and tax.
For further information, please contact Fiona McGill on 07 4721 8500