Undergraduates – Completing University
About Our Program
Applications from candidates wishing to join our team as an undergraduate (based in Townsville) are now closed and will re-open mid 2023.
The key to our success is our people and that in part has been driven by the achievements of staff who joined as an undergraduate/recent graduate. We view all new team members as having the potential to grow into future managers of the firm.
Receive income, support and work experience while completing your degree.
Work alongside experienced and passionate experts, assisting families and some of the most prominent businesses in regional Queensland. The perfect start to your professional career.
What to expect in 2024
- Permanent, full-time work status. Receive a full-time salary while working part-time during lecture periods. Get a paid day each week for lecture attendance/study during lecture periods.
- Your 1 day per week to attend University will be negotiated with you at the start of each Trimester.
- Work within our Tax & Accounting Team with exposure to a variety of client-related work tasks and across a variety of client-types
- What you can expect from PVW Partners:
- Textbook allowance of $100 per subject
- Paid study/exam leave of 3 days per subject per Trimester
- Extensive on-going training program
- Continued support from a dedicated buddy and manager
- Regularly coaching feedback and an individualised development plan
- Enjoy our social events including End of Financial Year Party, Christmas Party, Trivia Nights etc
- Take part in our annual FISH! Day - a day each year where our staff from all locations come together for personal development and a bit of fun (all based around The FISH! Philosophy)
- 2 Week Office Shut-Down over Christmas/New Year
- Applications close - To Be Confirmed - approx early June 2023
- Interviews will take place end of June, beginning of July
- Offers will be made by end of July 2023 for positions commencing in 2024
Before submitting your application, please read the checklist below to ensure that you are eligible:
- You must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or have full-time working rights within Australia at the start date of your employment (you will be required to show proof of visa).
- You must have completed or be completing a university course approved as an Accredited Tertiary Course by CAANZ.
- You must be willing to work full time whilst studying on a part time basis (undergraduate positions)
1.) APPLICATION STAGE
Complete a simple online application, see below and have your updated CV ready to attach.
After completing the application, you’ll be emailed confirmation details on your submission. If you do not receive this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2.) ABILITIES ASSESSMENT
Once you’ve submitted your application online and assuming you’ve met our eligibility criteria, you’ll be invited to complete a Tailored Reasoning Questionnaire.
There is no preparation to undertake in readiness for the questionnaire. The results will simply provide us a measure of your practical work-based problem-solving skills and be used as one of many selection criteria for the role.
The online assessments will take you 30-40 minutes to complete. Please do action this promptly so we can progress your application to the next stage.
If you are shortlisted for a position, the final stage of our recruitment process involves an invitation to attend a face-to-face interview in our Townsville office at 52 Walker Street, Townsville.
Your interview will be behavioural-based and will take approximately 30 minutes. This interview will allow us to find out more about you and we’ll ask you questions about your life, your extra-curricular activities and your motivation for wanting a position with PVW Partners. This is also an opportunity for you to ask us about what it’s like to work at PVW Partners.
As part of your interview, we may require you to take part in some group activities where you will be observed.
4.) OUR OFFER
If you’re successful at the final stage of our process, you’ll be contacted by PVW Partners, and a written offer of employment will be forwarded to you.